ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Philip Alexander Purser-Hallard M.A. D.Phil.
Phil’s first novel, Of the City of the Saved..., was published by Mad Norwegian Press in 2004. His first novella, Peculiar Lives, followed from Telos Publishing a year later. A second novella was published in 2007 as part of the anthology Nobody’s Children, and a third in 2008 in the anthology The Vampire Curse.
Phil has contributed short fiction to collections including The Book of the War and Iris Wildthyme and the Celestial Omnibus, as well as to Big Finish’s Doctor Who, Bernice Summerfield and Iris Wildthyme series. He has written for The Guardian newspaper, for magazines and webzines, and for comedy shows in Oxford and on the Edinburgh Fringe. He has also spoken at the Greenbelt Arts Festival on various aspects of science fiction and religion.
Born Philip Alexander Hallard in 1971, Phil has spent most of the intervening time accumulating qualifications (and an extra surname), culminating in 2002 with a doctorate in English Literature from Oxford University. His thesis, on The Relationship between Creator and Creature in Science Fiction, has provided him with much of the material for his own S.F. In the intervening time, he has worked as a secretary, tutor, church caretaker, software consultant, college librarian and researcher for the Revised Oxford English Dictionary. He now works part-time as a civil servant.
Phil lives with his wife, cats and baby son in Bristol in South-West England. His writing projects at present include short and long fiction and various non-fiction projects. If anybody wants to pay him to write stuff, he’d love to hear from them.
- Author biography from Of the City of the Saved... (2004).
- Author biography from Wildthyme on Top (2005).
- Author biography from Peculiar Lives (2005).
- Author biography from Short Trips: Time Signature (2006).
- Author biography from The Vampire Curse (2008).
- Contributor biographies from Tales of the City (2012).
- Author biography from Burning with Optimism’s Flames (2012).
- Contributor biography from More Tales of the City (2013).
- Contributor biography from Further Encounters of Sherlock Holmes (2014).
- Contributor biography from Tales of the Civil War (2016).
- Author biography at the Devices Trilogy website.
www.infinitarian.com created and maintained by Philip Purser-Hallard.
All material © Philip Purser-Hallard 2003 to 2008 except where otherwise noted, and not to be used without permission.