ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Philip Alexander Purser-Hallard MA DPhil
Philip Purser-Hallard is an author, editor and critic. He is responsible for the Devices Trilogy of urban fantasy thrillers, published by Snowbooks and consisting of The Pendragon Protocol (2014), The Locksley Exploit (2015) and Trojans (2016), which pits 21st-century avatars of the Knights of the Round Table against those of Robin Hood’s Merry Men in a battle for the soul of Britain; and for editing The Black Archive (2016- ), a series of critical monographs on individual Doctor Who stories published by Obverse Books, one-and-a-half of which he has also written.
His other long-form work includes Of the City of the Saved... (2004), a novel in the shared-universe Faction Paradox series, and four novellas: Peculiar Lives (Telos Publishing, 2005), Nursery Politics and Predating the Predators (Big Finish Productions, 2007 and 2008) and Horizon, or Señor 105 contra las Momias Locas de Odinhotep (Manleigh Books, 2013). He has also written a large number of short stories featuring characters including Doctor Who and Sherlock Holmes. He has written for The Guardian, and spoken at the Greenbelt Arts Festival.
Born Philip Alexander Hallard in 1971, Philip has lived in West Sussex, Oxford and Bristol, and acquired various qualifications including a Higher Diploma in Administrative and Secretarial Procedures and a Doctorate in English Literature. His roster of prior jobs includes a stint as a researcher for the Revised Oxford English Dictionary. He now edits documents for a non-governmental public body. He is married and has a son.
If anybody wants to pay him to write stuff, he’d love to hear from them.
- Author biography from Of the City of the Saved... (2004).
- Author biography from Wildthyme on Top (2005).
- Author biography from Peculiar Lives (2005).
- Author biography from Short Trips: Time Signature (2006).
- Author biography from The Vampire Curse (2008).
- Contributor biographies from Tales of the City (2012).
- Author biography from Burning with Optimism’s Flames (2012).
- Contributor biography from More Tales of the City (2013).
- Contributor biography from Further Encounters of Sherlock Holmes (2014).
- Contributor biography from Tales of the Civil War (2016).
- Author biography at the Devices Trilogy website.
- Contributor biography from Further Associates of Sherlock Holmes (2017).
- Contributor biography from The Book of the Enemy (2018).
- Author biography from Sherlock Holmes: The Vanishing Man (2019).
www.infinitarian.com created and maintained by Philip Purser-Hallard.
All material © Philip Purser-Hallard 2003 to 2019 except where otherwise noted, and not to be used without permission.