Between 1995 and 1999 or thereabouts, I belonged to a comedy troupe, called (at first) Cruel and Unusual Punishment or (later) Square Pegs. (Although the group itself has disbanded, at the time of writing a long out-of-date website still exists for it.) We were resonably prolific, mounting four shows in Oxford and on the Edinburgh Fringe, and garnering some good reviews (which you can read, if you really want to, at the site).
Along with eight or so others, I wrote and performed. Not all the sketches I wrote and performed are presented here, but the better ones are. You may feel that this tells you something about those which aren't.
- ‘A Scandal in Bohemia’ (Cruel and Unusual Punishment, 1995)
- ‘I Want to Read My Boucicault (I Want to Read My Book)’ (More Than Just Chicken, 1996)
- ‘Trailer’ (More Than Just Chicken)
- ‘A Sketch with a Bishop’ (Behind the Furniture, 1997)
- ‘Samaritan Quickie’ (Behind the Furniture)
- ‘I'll Have a Double’ (Square Pegs, 1998)
- ‘Doreen Wentworth’ (Never performed)
www.infinitarian.com created and maintained by Philip Purser-Hallard.
All material © Philip Purser-Hallard 2003 except where otherwise noted, and not to be used without permission.