FURTHEST TALES OF THE CITY
Edited by Philip Purser-Hallard.
Stories by Helen Angove, Lawrence Burton, Elizabeth Evershed, Paul Hiscock, Juliet Kemp and Louise Sellers.
Published in 2015 by Obverse Books.
Cover by Cody Schell.
Even the secular afterlife created for humanity by the Secret Architects has its limits – and there will always be those Citizens who chafe against those limits. Environmentally, culturally, biologically, cosmologically, politically, experientially, some will always seek to go further.
A group mind facing the troubling truth of resurrection. A comatose giant with human inhabitants of its own. A civilisation re-enacting an impossible apocalypse. A woman with negligible human ancestry out on the dating scene. A cult who inhabit the deep infrastructure underlying the City. A fictional adventurer starved of the risks his narrative craves.
These are their tales.
- ‘Salutation’ by Philip Purser-Hallard
- ‘Weighty Questions’ by Juliet Kemp
- ‘Sleeping Giants’ by Elizabeth Evershed
- ‘Driving Home for Atonatiuh’ by Lawrence Burton
- ‘The Smallest Spark’ by Paul Hiscock
- ‘The Places Above, Between and Below’ by Louise Sellers
- ‘We Only Live Twice (But the City Is Not Enough)’ by Helen Angove
- ‘God Encompasses’ by Philip Purser-Hallard
Furthest Tales of the City is the fourth City of the Saved anthology from Obverse Books.
www.infinitarian.com created and maintained by Philip Purser-Hallard.
Furthest Tales of the City cover © Cody Schell and Blair Bidmead 2015.
City of the Saved logo and Cover design © Cody Schell 2012, 2015.
All material © Philip Purser-Hallard 2014 except where otherwise noted, and not to be used without permission.