IRIS WILDTHYME OF MARS
A collection of short stories featuring Iris Wildthyme.
Edited by Philip Purser-Hallard.
Stories by Aditya Bidikar, Blair Bidmead, Simon Bucher-Jones, Rachel Churcher, Mark Clapham and Lance Parkin, Juliet Kemp, Selina Lock, Ian Potter, Philip Purser-Hallard, Dale Smith, Daniel Tessier and Richard Wright.
Published in 2014 by Obverse Books.
Cover by Paul Hanley
The Red Planet.
Everyone agrees about the colour, at least. The rest is up for grabs.
Is Mars a dead and sterile desert, or teeming with life?
Are Martians red, green or blue? Nubile and lithe, or monstrously tentacular?
Are they long gone, or waiting still? How do they feel about visitors?
Will we become the Martians? What kind of a world might we build on Mars? What myths, new or old, might we create there?
Oh – and how many different colours can you put in front of ‘Mars’ to make a clever title?
These Marses are of course incompatible, contradictory, and in many cases quite impossible. And Iris Wildthyme has visited them all.
- ‘Wandering Stars’ by Ian Potter
- ‘Lieut. Gullivar Jones: His Bad Weekend’ by Daniel Tessier
- ‘Iris: Chess-Mistress of Mars’ by Simon Bucher-Jones
- ‘Death on the Euphrates’ by Selina Lock
- ‘And a Dog to Walk’ by Dale Smith
- ‘Talking with Spores’ by Juliet Kemp
- ‘Doomed’ by Richard Wright
- ‘The Last Martian’ by Rachel Churcher
- ‘Lilac Mars’ by Mark Clapham and Lance Parkin
- ‘City of Dust’ by Aditya Bidikar
- ‘The Calamari-Men of Mare Cimmerium’ by Blair Bidmead
- ‘Green Mars Blues’ by Philip Purser-Hallard
- Buy Iris Wildthyme of Mars from Obverse books as a hardback or ebook.
- See maps of the terraformed Mars in ‘Green Mars Blues’.
- Read the rules for the open submissions competition (NB now closed).
www.infinitarian.com created and maintained by Philip Purser-Hallard.
All material © Philip Purser-Hallard 2014 except where otherwise noted, and not to be used without permission.
Iris Wildthyme of Mars cover design © Cody Quijano-Schell 2014.
Iris Wildthyme of Mars cover artwork © Paul Hanley 2014.
Iris Wildthyme logo © Anthony Dry 2009.