MORE TALES OF THE CITY
Edited by Philip Purser-Hallard.
Stories by Simon Bucher-Jones, Jay Eales, Kelly Hale, Ian Potter, Susannah Tiller and Richard Wright.
Published in 2013 by Obverse Books.
Cover by Cody Quijano-Schell.
‘Once upon a time, the universe ended. And they all lived happily ever after.’
In a pub on a hill by a bay in the technological utopia beyond the end of the universe, customers gather to tell the stories of their afterlives.
An older woman steals intangibly from her boyfriends, while a naive student learns more about her world. A historian and a detective made in a king’s image seek answers to long-standing mysteries. A man-about-town makes a living finding doppelgangers. Another man may be not a storyteller, but a story.
These are their tales.
- ‘The Long-Distance Somnambulist’ by Ian Potter
- ‘Double Trouble at the Parasites on the Proletariat Club’ by Simon Bucher-Jones
- ‘Eternity is Just for Starters’ by Susannah Tiller
- ‘Born Among Briars’ by Jay Eales
- ‘The Mystery of the Rose’ by Richard Wright
- ‘The Isis Method’ by Kelly Hale
- Linking material by Philip Purser-Hallard
More Tales of the City is the second City of the Saved anthology from Obverse Books, and the first to be published independently of the Obverse Quarterly range.
- Buy More Tales of the City from Obverse Books as a paperback or ebook.
- See the endpieces by Nick Hallard.
- Read reviews of More Tales of the City.
- Read my contributor biography.
- Read the trailers at Peculiar Times.
- Consult a City of the Saved chronology.
www.infinitarian.com created and maintained by Philip Purser-Hallard.
More Tales of the City cover © Cody Quijano-Schell 2013.
City of the Saved logo © Cody Quijano-Schell 2012.
All material © Philip Purser-Hallard 2013 except where otherwise noted, and not to be used without permission.