OF THE CITY OF THE SAVED...
A list of pages where reviews of Of the City of the Saved... may be found online:
- ‘Of the City of the Saved... is a fantastic novel. And I use that word strategically – the density of information and imagination it contains is comparable to Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, or Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. [...] The City of the title is such an endlessly fascinating concept [...] fascinating and highly enjoyable [...] I found the experience of reading the book enormously compulsive, finishing it in little over two days.’ – ‘Neil’ at Amazon.co.uk.
- ‘An excellent attempt at a tricky niche genre – a murder mystery set in Heaven. [...] [I]t has a lot more to say about parent-child relationships, and identity, and how it felt to realise that we were not in fact living at the End of History (remember that?) than a thousand navel-gazing litfic dribbles.’ – Alex Sarll at Goodreads.
- ‘[A]n extraordinarily good novel, teeming with ideas [...] The one really significant flaw [...] comes from the book’s strengths – the City is such a wonderful environment, and such a beguiling mystery, that the climax of the novel, in which all its secrets are revealed, can only be a let-down. [...O]ne of the best SF novels Iíve read from the last thirty years.’ – Andrew Hickey at Sci-Ence! Justice Leak!.
- ‘I don’t know if Philip Purser-Hallard realises just how many risks he took in choosing this tale to tell... but he pulled it off. Be impressed.’ – Finn Clark at The Ratings Guide.
Buy Of the City of the Saved...:
- at Peculiar Tomes
- in ebook format from Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com
- in paperback from Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com
- direct from Mad Norwegian Press.
www.infinitarian.com created and maintained by Philip Purser-Hallard.
All material © Philip Purser-Hallard 2003 and 2004 except where otherwise noted, and not to be used without permission.
Of the City of the Saved... cover © Steve Johnson 2003.