TALES OF THE CITY
Edited by Philip Purser-Hallard.
Stories by Helen Angove, Blair Bidmead, Elizabeth Evershed, Dave Hoskin, Juliet Kemp and Dale Smith.
Published in 2012 by Obverse Books, as volume 2.1 of the Obverse Quarterly.
Cover by Cody Quijano-Schell.
After the end – ours and the universe’s – there is
A repository for the uploaded souls of all humanity, the City is a technological utopia, a secular heaven. Heroes and villains, angels and monsters may be found in the City, but many ordinary people live here, too.
Well, all of them in fact.
In these stories, the first by writers other than the City’s creator Philip Purser-Hallard, we meet six of them. A hitchhiker, a lecturer, a tourist, a socialite, a twin, a cop: ordinary men and women living an extraordinary afterlife.
These are their tales.
- ‘Akroates’ by Philip Purser-Hallard
- ‘Happily Ever After Is a High-Risk Strategy’ by Blair Bidmead
- ‘The Socratic Problem’ by Elizabeth Evershed
- ‘Lost Ships and Lost Lands’ by Juliet Kemp
- ‘Highbury’ by Helen Angove
- ‘About a Girl’ by Dale Smith
- ‘Bruises’ by Dave Hoskin
- ‘Apocalypse Day’ by Philip Purser-Hallard
Tales of the City is the first City of the Saved anthology from Obverse Books. It is published as part of the Obverse Quarterly series.
- Buy Tales of the City from Obverse books as a paperback or ebook, or subscribe to Year 2 of the Obverse Quarterly.
- Buy Tales of the City from Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com.
- Buy Tales of the City at Peculiar Tomes.
- Read reviews of Tales of the City.
- Read the contributor biogs.
- Read the trailers at Peculiar Times.
- Read an exclusive web-only City of the Saved story, ‘God Encompasses’.
- Consult a City of the Saved chronology.
The Obverse Quarterly: Omegapuntal, Quotidian.
www.infinitarian.com created and maintained by Philip Purser-Hallard.
Tales of the City cover and City of the Saved logo © Cody Quijano-Schell 2012.
All material © Philip Purser-Hallard 2012 except where otherwise noted, and not to be used without permission.