TALES OF THE CIVIL WAR
Edited by Philip Purser-Hallard.
Stories by Helen Angove, Kara Dennison, Kelly Hale, Juliet Kemp, Selina Lock, Louise Sellers and Philip Purser-Hallard.
Published in 2017 by Obverse Books.
Cover by Blair Bidmead.
War has come to the City of the Saved. Once immune from harm, the resurrected Citizens of the universe find themselves once again most terribly fragile – and just as in the universe, too many of them now strive to take advantage of the fact.
In this unfamiliar City, the resurrected must revive the long-forgotten skills of their original lives. Knights, courtiers, detectives, killers, nurses, adventurers, spies: the afterlives of all will be irrevocably changed by the Civil War.
These are their tales.
- ‘The Tale of Sir Hedwyn’ by Kara Dennison
- ‘The Ave of Meeting Ourselves Again’ by Kelly Hale
- ‘The Queen of Clubs’ by Louise Sellers
- ‘To Die by the Sword’ by Helen Angove
- ‘Just Passing Through’ by Juliet Kemp
- ‘Angels on a Hoverbike’ by Selina Lock
- ‘Interlude from a Civil War’ by Philip Purser-Hallard
Furthest Tales of the City is the fifth City of the Saved anthology from Obverse Books.
- Buy Tales of the Civil War from Obverse books.
- Read my contributor biography.
- Consult a City of the Saved chronology.
www.infinitarian.com created and maintained by Philip Purser-Hallard.
Tales of the Civil War cover © Blair Bidmead 2017.
City of the Saved logo and Cover design © Cody Schell 2012, 2017.
All material © Philip Purser-Hallard 2017 except where otherwise noted, and not to be used without permission.