TALES OF THE GREAT DETECTIVES
Edited by Philip Purser-Hallard.
Stories by Elizabeth Evershed, Jess Faraday Kelly Hale, Andrew Hickey, Stephen Marley and Chantelle Messier.
Published in 2014 by Obverse Books.
Cover by Blair Bidmead.
The Afterlives of Sherlock Holmes
The City of the Saved houses every human being who ever lived... but some of its immortal Citizens need more. For the Remakers, one fiction above all exerts its fascination: a character existing in countless interpretations, many of them now recreated in the flesh and in business together as the Great Detective Agency.
These are their tales.
In the Agency’s annals, the City’s many Sherlock Holmeses solve the Case of the Pipe Dream, experience the Adventure of the Piltdown Prelate and explore the strangely clichéd Mansion of Doom. A Watson falls in love; a Moriarty goes missing; and Holmes comes face-to-face with his arch-nemesis, the sinister Dr Conan Doyle...
- ‘Young Sherlock Holmes and the Mansion of Doom’ by Stephen Marley
- ‘Eliminating the Impossible’ by Jess Faraday
- ‘The Case of the Pipe Dream’ by Chantelle Messier
- ‘Art in the Blood’ by Kelly Hale
- ‘The Adventure of the Piltdown Prelate’ by Andrew Hickey
- ‘Baker Street Dozen’ by Elizabeth Evershed
- ‘Saqqaf’ and ‘Sussex’ by Philip Purser-Hallard
Tales of the Great Detectives is the third City of the Saved anthology from Obverse Books, and the first to feature the Great Detective Agency, as introduced in Of the City of the Saved.
www.infinitarian.com created and maintained by Philip Purser-Hallard.
City of the Saved logo © Cody Quijano-Schell 2012.
All material © Philip Purser-Hallard 2014 except where otherwise noted, and not to be used without permission.